global network quality understanding based on crowdsourced user measurements
Measuring wireless quality based on signal strength is like selecting a highway based on the number of lanes – it works well when there is no traffic, but if the highway is congested you end up with slow speeds. Smartphone users use the number of “bars” to determine network quality, and then are frustrated when the network doesn’t work as expected – because these bars completely ignore the amount of congestion.
Network Quality Analytics by Carnegie Technologies provides an in-depth look at how an application behaves on different wireless networks. Detailed real-time and historical information identifies network issues as they occur and allows for rapid respond to issues and outages.
Network Quality Analytics incorporates true end-to-end quality measurements representative of application performance to explain to users which applications will work on each network.
HOW IS NETWORK QUALITY ANALYTICS DIFFERENT?
- Our Quality Network Score (QNS) technology is a true representation of network experience for user applications. Using ITU standards to measure the performance of Web, VoIP, and Video over wireless networks, it reflects wireless, backhaul and core network quality – not just signal strength.
- This quality data is then uploaded to the quality server for detailed reporting and analytics, allowing administrators to identify when application problems are actually network problems.
- Operators obtain quality-based coverage maps that identify capacity and performance issues in real time – without needing to send out a technician.
Going beyond network analysis, Network Quality Analytics also monitors the actual performance of your application, whether voice, video, web, or other. Operators obtain real-time diagnostics of active sessions to pro-actively identify and resolve quality issues and reduce churn.
- Quality monitoring solution measures the quality of the user experience on both mobile and Wi-Fi networks
- Delivers ITU standards-based MOS score for Web, Video and VoIP
- Provides a true representation of experience across all networks utilized
- Gain insights into devices, usage, location trends
- Allows agents to identify and solve customer issues
- Aggregation provided through reporting and analytics server
- Quality monitoring:
Global network quality understanding based on crowdsourced user measurements
- User experience:
Beyond measurements to actual user experience, reports how well web, video, and VoIP work for users
- Real-time reporting:
Web-based reports with REST/JSON query interface
- Carrier Agnostic:
Runs over to of all wireless networks without network integration – measure competitor and roaming networks
Supports Android, iOS, and Windows with self-hosted on-site or cloud management
- Lightweight client:
Small application, low data usage, minimal battery use
- Standards compliant:
Compatible with Hotspot 2.0, ANDSF, WISPr, and ITU G.107/G.1070/G.1030 industry standards
- Complete customization:
Branded operator application, or use the Quality Monitor SDK for integration into existing apps
Quality Monitor can be upgraded to apply network policies that automatically put the user on the best available network
ADVANCED CALL DIAGNOSTICS
Provides real-time VoIP diagnostics to identify and resolve call quality issues. Reduce churn and improve customer satisfaction with remote monitoring to resolve issues proactively.
- Call quality (mean opinion score)
- Call efficiency
- Call duration
- Call timeline
- Dropped and completed calls
- Audio dropouts
- Networks used
- Network transitions
- Network latency and packet loss